Copycat Chipotle Guac Recipe
Hey there! Today I want to share a yummy and easy guacamole recipe! I love Chipotle’s guacamole recipe, so I wanted to make it myself, except I adapted it just a bit to fit my needs!
Now, we all know guac costs extra at Chipotle, but it doesn’t at home! This easy to follow recipe takes 15 minutes and is perfect for a mid-afternoon snack, or a yummy dip for your next party!
This is essentially Chipotle’s guac recipe, but I adapted it just a little bit. Their official recipe calls for jalapeno peppers, but I didn’t add any. That’s right. Before their recipe came out, I didn’t even know it had jalapenos in it! I’m not a big fan of spice, so I omitted that part of the recipe, and it tastes just as good! So if you don’t want to add them, you don’t have to!
Also, when I doubled the number of avocados, I did not double the rest of the ingredients. I wanted the avocados to shine in this recipe, so I multiplied the other amounts by 1.5 instead of 2. There is still plenty of flavor this way, so don’t be afraid.
The last thing I did was let the guacamole set in the fridge for about an hour, with saran wrap over the top. This is actually something I learned from my mom. She always cooled guacamole before serving it so the flavors could chill and blend together. I highly recommend chilling your guacamole before serving it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Have you tried to make Chipotle’s guacamole recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Related: Easy to Make Tamale Pie
Print this recipe!
Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
- 4 large Haas avocados
- 2.5 tsp lime juice
- 0.25 tsp kosher salt
- 0.25 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 dash sea salt
- Cut avocados in half and carefully remove the pit.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados and lime juice. Toss until evenly coated. Add salt and mash until smooth.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, and peppers. Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve with chips
- To refrigerate, place in a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on top of the entire surface of the guacamole so no part is exposed to air.
Like this recipe? Save for later or share!